WARNING!!! If you make this granola and then eat it all that day it is not my fault. I will not be held liable.
Seriously folks, this granola is delicious and easy to put together. The hardest part is not eating it all right when it comes out of the oven.
Chocolate Crunch Granola
Makes approximately 4 cups of granola
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
3/4 cup unsweeted dried coconut
1/4 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
1 tablespoon flax seed
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, almonds, coconut, dark chocolate and flax seeds.
- In a small sauce pan melt the coconut oil, brown sugar, and maple sugar together (This can also be done in the microwave). Then stir in the vanilla, cocoa power and salt into the mixture off the heat.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and mix together thoroughly.
- Pour everything onto the lined baking sheet and take a spatula and press down the mixture into one solid sheet of granola that’s less than half an inch thick.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then let cool for an hour before breaking up the granola into bite sized clusters. Then enjoy!
Ready for the week’s breakfast!